Pancakes sure are wonderful, aren’t they? And there’s so many variations of them! They can be made with all sorts of different flours, fruits, vegetables, creams, or cheeses… You can serve them with all the same differences as well as syrup, butter, lemons, sugar, jam, jelly, almond butter, peanut butter, ice-cream, chocolate chips, yogurt, honey, even some cured meats – the list is endless!
I like to think that choosing your pancake style is a highly personal decision.
Yield 2 servings
- 1 1/4 C Unbleached All-Purpose Flour.
- 1 Tsp Salt.
- 2 Tsp Sugar, white or organic cane.
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder.
- 1 Pastured Cage-Free Egg, lightly beaten.
- 1 C Organic Milk.
- 1/2 Tbsp. Unsalted Butter, melted.
- 2 Tsp. Pure Vanilla Extract.
- 1 Tsp Ground Cinnamon (Optional).
- 1/2 C Wild, Beautiful, Seasonal & Fresh Blueberries (Optional).
- Pre-heat your oven to 220 degrees F.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a medium - large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix the wet. Add the wet to the dry and mix well until there are no lumps and the batter has a few bubbles in it. This will make it nice, light and fluffy.
- Now, start to pre-heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Coat with non-stick spray.
- Toss in the blueberries and stir again.
- Once the pan is hot, scoop about 1/3 C of the batter into the pan. Cook for about 3-4 minutes (the batter will start to hold little air pockets on the side facing up and will be toasty and golden brown on the other). Flip.
- Cook a further 1-2 minutes and once that side is golden and the center has cooked through toss the pancakes into a small baking dish and into the oven to keep warm.
- Lift the skillet off the heat, lightly re-spray with your non-stick spray and scoop the batter into the pan again. Repeat process until all your batter has been used up.
- Serve with your favorite toppings.