Stolen Fruit Crumble
For Filling (substitute fruit for what's in season):
- 4 - 5 Small Apples, cored and sliced into 1/2" pieces.
- 3 Golden Plums, pit removed and sliced into pieces.
- 1 C Blueberries.
- 3 Tbsp White All-Purpose Flour.
- 3 Tbsp Organic Cane Sugar.
- 1 Tbsp Ground Cinnamon.
- The Juice of 1 Lemon.
Ingredients for Topping:
- 3/4 C White All-Purpose Flour.
- 2/3 C Ground Almonds.
- 1/3 to 1/2 C Large Oats.
- 1/3 C Organic Cane Sugar.
- 1 Tsp Ground Cinnamon.
- 1/4 Tsp Ground Nutmeg.
- 1/3 C Butter, melted.
- Pre-heat your oven to 325 degrees and lightly grease either 1 medium sized baking dish or 4 individual ones.
- In one bowl, mix together all your filling ingredients.
- In another, combine all the topping ingredients - finishing with the butter. Mix well with a fork (or your fingers) until the combined mixture is crumbly and the butter has been worked through very well.
- Pour your filling into the prepared dish(es) - get lots in there! You want lots of fruit!
- And then top with the filling mixture.
- Place baking dish(es) on a tinfoil lined baking sheet to catch the drips and bake in the oven about 1 hour or until tops begin to golden. I didn't use tinfoil and John had to scrub-a-dub-dub the crap outta the baking sheets so do yourself the favor and line it with foil first.
- If after an hour the tops aren't as crisp as you'd like, turn the heat to broil and brown em up! But watch carefully or you'll burn them (like I did)...
- Remove from the heat and let cool slightly. Serve warm with ice cream - I like vanilla - and...
- Chow down.
P.S. Last chance to get in on the giveaway! Closes tomorrow!