*The blog hop will go live Wednesday at midnight, Eastern standard time so if you want to participate sans blog and/or individual blog post, throw us an email @ freshfoodsbloghop (at) gmail (dot) com and we’ll invite you to upload a photo & description to be posted Wednesday! More instructions to follow. Hold onto your butts! It’s gonna be a time!
Dandelion Greens Salad with Grilled Peaches & Bresaola
Yield 2 servings
- 1 Large Handful of Dandelion Greens, roughly torn or chopped into 2" pieces.
- 100g Bresaola, paper thin.
- 1 Large Ball Fresh Buffalo Mozzarella (you could sub fresh cow mozzarella too).
- 2 Peaches, ripe, halved & pitted.
- Good Quality Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Coarse Sea Salt & Fresh Cracked Black Pepper.
- 4 Tbsp Balsamic Reduction.
- This recipe couldn't be simpler.
- First, things first: Fresh mozzarella comes in watery liquid so you'll have to drain the cheese. Place ball(s) in a colander to strain for about 20 to 30 minutes. Once most of the liquid has seeped out, tear into slightly larger than bite size pieces. Set aside.
- As your cheese drains, grill the peaches. Turn your BBQ to medium-high.
- As it heats, toss the peaches in a little olive oil and then place on hot grill. Close the lid. Sear for about 3 minutes. Remove from the BBQ and allow to cool slightly. Chop into 1" pieces. Set aside.
- Now in a large bowl, gently mix together the bitter dandelion greens with the roughly torn fresh buffalo mozzarella, chopped sweet Summer peaches, a small glug of good quality olive oil, and a pinch of coarse sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper with your hands.
- Lay a 3-5 pieces of the rich bresaola on a plate and gently scoop a handful of the salad mixture on top. Finish off the salad with a drizzle of acidic balsamic reduction and you have yourself one swanky, local and seasonal yet infinitely simple starter salad.