Plus they utilize vegetable puns better than anyone I’ve ever met. You have to see it to believe it. This kind of social & environmental consciousness and wicked smarts need to be supported. And after you’ve heard all my ranting about Ontario being “Onterrible” for real food solutions, these gals are a couple of chicks I can really drink up! Bring on the koolaid!
- Primarily sourcing seasonal, locally grown, organic produce from local farmers to make the most delicious smoothies & juices.
- Fueling the truck with old vegetable-oil, or deep-fryer oil from local restaurants, otherwise known as bio-diesel.
- Reconnecting people with their food by offering a blend-your-own-smoothie discount by using one of their super-cool bike-powered-blenders.
- Fostering a sense of community through their incentive to grow-your-own-garden and they will blend the crap out of it. (Ok, maybe not the crap, but definitely all the good stuff!)
- Implementing a no-waste policy: returning all pulp & scraps back to the soil, as well as serving up their delicious concoctions in fully biodegradable and/or reusable containers.
- Supporting local businesses by carrying independent, third-party snacks & treats to “pear” with your drink.
We can all get on board with that, right? I thought so! And just to entice you a little bit more (not that you need it because YOU are also super friggin awesome) Natasha, Erin and I are hosting a giveaway!
One lucky person will win probably the most amazing kit I have ever seen in my life:
* Contest open to Canadian & American mailing addresses only.
We want to get these fine ladies more action than would be typically accepted for someone of their moral standing – so you gotta share, share, share their campaign!
Also, visit their Indiegogo Campaign! They have tons of amazing updates, videos, photographs and incentives for anyone who contributes to their cause. We talk a lot about real food and whether it’s accessible or not – now is your chance to join the movement and do something great. Let’s do it together! haha…”do it together”.