Welcome to week 64 of The Wednesday Fresh Foods Link Up… Now being referred to simply as Fresh Foods Wednesday! Simplify, bitches!

Is anyone else going through cookie withdrawal over the past week? I’m craving sugary, white flour treats like nobody’s biz-nas! But, with the holidays out of the way it’s time to real food the She Eats lair up! It’s time for healthier treats like carrots and beets and butter and duck fat and savory pastries. That’s right. I’m all ABOUT eating real fats. Aren’t you?

…Oh yeah, and I’m now calling my basement, one window apartment my “lair”. Kind of like an evil genius, but only way cozier.

The Wednesday Real Fresh Food Link Up

This link up is to encourage fresh food production, consumption, activism, and awareness. Please feel free to link up posts containing:

Lastly, please include a simple text link back to this link up in the post(s) you share or copy the code below and paste it into your post or an HTML widget in your sidebar.

January 8, 2014 at 8:03 AM

Thanks for hosting Kristy. Glad to be back!

January 9, 2014 at 4:39 PM

Glad to see you back Suzy! Hope you’re having a good week 🙂

January 8, 2014 at 8:08 AM

I’m all over the place with names, so forgive me this week for preemptively editing my posts to show I’m linking to the Wed Fre Foo Link Up before I actually sat and read through to learn the new name. Next week I’ll be better–promise!
    It’s just that I’ve been stuck in the house with the family for SO LONG that, once everyone went to work and school and I had a little 45 minute window of time alone in the house before I had to go to work (a window I am NOT spending taking the dogs on excessively long walks in single digit (F) weather) I went a lil nuts.
    I’ve got another awesome veggie appetizer-yes, using my favorite non-local/couldn’t ever *just* be a local eater/ ingredient: avocados. Corn and Black Bean Salsa in Avocado Cups. Now, we get leftovers from this stuff, because we tend to have a ton of apps on the spread, so on my FB and G+ pages I’ve shared a recipe for turning the leftovers into a grilled cheese sandwich. Yum!
    I’ve also got a easy tasty soup. I re-grew so much of my farm share celery that I’ve made this soup on the stove top, in a slow cooker, a vegan version, a full on chicken version, with leeks, and with yellow onions. It’s all good.
    Finally, since I screwed up my work flow and joined the link up late last week, I’m sharing one of my earlier pizzas from before I found your link up–Red Russian Kale, Baby Bella, and Feta with Roasted Garlic oil. Yum!
    Thanks for hosting, stay warm, and eat seasonally.

January 9, 2014 at 4:40 PM

You are forgiven 😉

Hope you’re keeping warm too, love! And also, feng shui that shit! Work flow, serenity now…

Stacy @ Stacy Makes Cents
    January 8, 2014 at 8:41 AM

Thanks so much for hosting! Hope you’re staying warm!

January 9, 2014 at 4:41 PM

You too, Stacy!! It’s chilly out there! (I have the most adorable animal face mittens…. I like when it gets cold, just so I can play with them ;))

January 8, 2014 at 12:21 PM

Hi Kristy! Thanks for hosting. I haven’t linked up in awhile so it’s fun to be back!

January 9, 2014 at 4:42 PM

So glad to see you Gabriela! I hope you’ve been well – I’m excited to read your post!

Miz Helen
    January 8, 2014 at 7:37 PM

Hi Kristy,
    Hope you are having a great week and thanks so much for the party!
    Miz Helen

January 9, 2014 at 4:43 PM

Thank YOU for participating Miz Helen! I’m on my way over to link up with yours 🙂

Cappuccino Pots de Crème | My little jar of spices
    January 8, 2014 at 8:10 PM

[…] Shared on Marvelous Mondays, Healthy Tuesdays, Tasty Tuesdays, Real Food Wednesday, Gluten Free Wednesday, Allergy Free Wednesday, Fresh Foods Wednesday […]

Pork Tenderloin with Balsamic Roasted Figs | My little jar of spices
    January 8, 2014 at 8:16 PM

[…] on Marvelous Mondays, Allergy-Free Wednesdays, Fresh Foods Wednesday, Gluten-Free Wednesdays, Let’s Get Real, Gluten Free Fridays, Fight Back […]

January 9, 2014 at 8:17 AM

I was doing okay with the cookies until yesterday when I had the biggest craving ever!! Hoping the dark chocolate I had satisfied it!

January 9, 2014 at 4:45 PM

hahahaha – oh dear. I hope so too Joanne! I’m going a little stir crazy for them. Maybe I should chocolate it up like you did to try to cure it. Or you know, bake a crap ton of cookies and just eat them all….. that’s not a good idea 😉

An Apple A Day | Clean Eats, Fast Feets
    January 10, 2014 at 8:00 AM

[…] Strange But Good because hello, pancake plates. It’s also linked to She Eats’ Fresh Food because it doesn’t get much fresher than this. Plus, I’m also officially […]

Wake-Me-Up Apple Cinnamon Porridge | Om Nom Ally
    January 11, 2014 at 5:13 PM

[…] Natural Living Monday, Simple Meals Fridays, Recipe Sharing Monday, Allergy Friendly Wednesdays, Fresh Food Wednesday, Simple Supper Tuesday, Healthy, Happy, Green & Natural Party, Tuesday Greens, Fat Tuesday, […]

January 15, 2014 at 11:07 AM

My local markets are the thing that keep me sane in the winter. I’ve recently discovered a great little artisanal bread stand, so now I want to buy a loaf each week (even though I’ll end up with a freezer full of half loaves, doing that!) Plus there are great butchers there too, and a guy who smokes his own fish. I still have yet to try that. So lots to discover while we await spring….. 🙂