Happy Wednesday to YOU! This is Fresh Foods Wednesday #68 and I think it’s gonna be a good one!

Fresh Foods Wednesday #65 Real Food Link UpWelcome to February. The month of romance, wooly slippers and 28 days. Speaking of which, while I’m not a fan of Valentines Day (you won’t find any red themed blog posts here), I DO love 28 Days Later. It was on TV the other day and I was all  “I love this movie!” …And Cillian Murphy. Uh, drool much? I’d celebrate Valentines Day for him despite my ill feelings toward hyper-consumerism, false romance and hetero-sexist holidays. Uhh, anyway… What’s your MUST SEE movie? Are you into zombies? Are they “so 2010”? It’s too cold to go out right now so I need a reservoir of good flicks. Details, people!

…What’s up with all my movie talk lately? Evidently I need to get out more.

The Fresh Foods Wednesday #68 link up is to encourage fresh food production, consumption, activism, and awareness. Please feel free to link up posts containing:

And if you like what you see here, please include a simple text link back to this link up in the post(s) you share or copy the code below and paste it into your post or an HTML widget in your sidebar:

Ally @ Om Nom Ally
    February 5, 2014 at 4:22 AM

Thanks for hosting Kristy, I’ve linked up a couple of recent posts. Regarding your movie question, at work I keep hearing a song from one of my fav flicks – so I recommend Layer Cake with Daniel Craig. It’s going to be something I’ll be watching this weekend to unwind 😀

Lauren @ DC Healthy Bites
    February 5, 2014 at 6:37 AM

Valentine’s Day is right around the corner so I thought I’d share a post discussing everyone’s favorite, chocolate! Sadly most of us have never tasted REAL cocoa from wild indigenous cacao. It not only tastes better but its better for the environment and healthier. Thank you for hosting!

Stacy @ Stacy Makes Cents
    February 5, 2014 at 8:51 AM

Thanks so much for hosting!

February 5, 2014 at 11:50 AM

Kristy,
    I can’t recommend the movie we watched last weekend, Sea of Monsters. The Super Bowl was funnier IMHO.
    Ditto Pacific Rim, though the soundtrack of that is an ear worm causing our whole family to run around screaming “BUHWHAM” at random times. Something about the idea that creating giant human-driven mechanical robot-like exoskeletons to attack invading alien Godzilla-like creatures by punching them in hand to hand (or mechanical robot-like exoskeleton to alien) combat and then . . . wait, let’s try the sword as a last ditch effort . . . um, why didn’t you lead with the sword??
    I’ve got 3 recipes for you today–Grapefruit Honey Bran Muffins, a sunny citrus muffin to brighten a snowy day; Sherried Black Bean and Broccoli Stem Soup–possibly an elegant addition to a Valentine’s day meal at home; and Chocolate Cherry Almond Magic Layer Bars–decadent and delicious from pantry staples.

suzyhomemaker
    February 5, 2014 at 12:28 PM

Thanks for hosting. I linked up 2 this week. One is from a new pinterest board I started giving people real food tips and the other is from my NEW BLOG about my 100 ingredients challenge.

In terms of movies – I rarely watch them. The last movie we saw in the theater was The Blind Side. Crazy, huh?

February 6, 2014 at 11:20 AM

Thanks for hosting! 🙂
    I shared Pepperup Potion… good for colds and flu… but probably *won’t* make steam come out of your ears!
    I guess this is where I have to say that Harry Potter is one of my favorite movies, though exactly *which* Harry Potter movie is my favorite will vary from day to day! 😉
    ~ Christine

Teresa, foodonfifth
    February 6, 2014 at 4:29 PM

I am going to noodle around all these wonderful recipes and find some real jewels I am sure…thanks for sharing all the wonderfulness Kristy.

February 7, 2014 at 7:16 PM

Shit, I forgot to link up earlier this week. Alright well I’m coming for you on Wednesday. Don’t say you haven’t been warned.