Happy Wednesday my loves and welcome to Fresh Foods Wednesday #73!

Fresh Foods Wednesday #65 Real Food Link UpSo yesterday, despite – or perhaps to spite – the cold weather, John and I went for one mother of a walk. We trekked 2 and a half hours – 8km – from our place in the East end of Toronto to the waterfront in downtown and as a reward… Mowed down on cheeseburgers, fries and beer. It was delightful! Sometimes ya just gotta raise your fist at the season – and your waistline – and get outside. 5 months of Winter is ENOUGH nature!! Bring on some Summer! Or at least a few buds on the trees! Is it Spring where you are? Still Winter? How are you dealing with this weird, seemlingly never-ending shoulder season between Winter and Spring?

The Fresh Foods Wednesday #73 link up is to encourage fresh food production, consumption, activism, and awareness. Please feel free to link up posts containing:

Jillian Hudson
    March 12, 2014 at 12:33 AM

I’m sharing my great use up for nut pulp leftover from making nut milk.

March 12, 2014 at 7:30 AM

It’s been a brutal winter and now we are in the mists of a slushy thaw… it is a nightmare walking my dog. Sounds like you had a good reward at the end of your trek.

Janine
    March 12, 2014 at 7:47 AM

The Best thing about living in Oklahoma is that we have spring about every three days all winter long. But after two days of 73, yesterday’s cold front was not welcome. Of course you will all be loving life in August while we are melting. Thanks for hosting!

March 12, 2014 at 8:05 AM

Kristy,
    It was delightful out yesterday–68 degrees F, sunny, and a lovely breeze. After work my spouse and I had a lovely walk with the murder or gaggle or pride or squadron of dogs we have acquired.
    This morning, the temperature has dropped 20 degrees F so far, it’s pouring rain now, and there’s a couple of inches of snow expected.
    Yep, it’s March.
    I’ve got a three-fer recipe for you today: Hoisin-sesame Swai with Hoisin-roasted Radishes and Asian Beet Greens. I’ve got a Thai Turkey Cold Busting Hot and Sour Egg Drop Soup for any lingering man colds caused by this unpredictable weather.
    And I’ve got an Avocado Lemon Feta Yogurt Dip which begs to be layered with vegetables and cheese and scooped up with anything handy.

Stacy @ Stacy Makes Cents
    March 12, 2014 at 8:30 AM

Thanks so much for hosting!

Lauren @ DC Healthy Bites
    March 12, 2014 at 8:45 AM

March is National Nutrition Month and this year’s theme is “Enjoy the Taste of Eating Right”, a campaign focused on food taste AND nutrition. In today’s post I share what “Enjoy the Taste of Eating Right” means to me. What does it mean to you? As always, thanks for hosting!

March 12, 2014 at 11:24 AM

Sounds like a great walk! I love looking at the lake in any season! Are you getting smacked with the same winter storm that *my* side of the lake is getting?
    Either way, it’s a good day for stew… and I happen to be sharing (and making!) a good Irish stew today. 🙂
    Happy Wednesday!
    ~ Christine

Lynell
    March 12, 2014 at 12:35 PM

I’m noticing an Irish theme this week! Everything looks so good, great posts!