Happy Wednesday my dear friends and welcome to Fresh Foods Wednesday #75!

Fresh Foods Wednesday #65 Real Food Link UpToo exciting! I’m starting to see radish recipes in the food blogging world which are something I just feel the goodness in. Seriously. Nothing says Spring to me or gets me more excited about the changing seasons than a few shaved radishes on a white plate! I can’t even tell you what exactly it is about the radishes that are so enthralling but they just seem so Earthy and understated and generally awesome. Salt of the Earth, I tell ya! Or vegetables of the Earth, anyhow. How about you?? What are you seeing around you right now that’s getting you excited food-wise?

The Fresh Foods Wednesday #75 link up is to encourage fresh food production, consumption, activism, and awareness. Please feel free to link up posts containing:

Jillian Hudson
    March 26, 2014 at 12:21 AM

I’m sharing my super simple method for making coconut ghee. Why buy it in the store when it’s so easy to make at home!

March 26, 2014 at 7:40 AM

I have been hooked on black radishes all winter. I linked the recipe from a cool blog Manger. Thanks for the party dear.

March 26, 2014 at 7:44 AM

Shaved radishes on a white plate are exciting, yes, but shaved radishes on a white PIZZA are even better! Tragically, you’ll have to wait for that one until April 11th, coming to the link up April 16th.
    First I’ve got to have hashtagcarrotweek, with a grilled cheese sandwich and tomato soup intermission, then the Radish pizza will grace a Friday Night Pizza Night. I’m linking up the first of the carrot posts with my Rustic Roasted Carrots today. Next week–I’ll be back–(would you believe my teen thought that was a quote from Boris Karloff in a Frankenstein movie? Kids these days) with sushi and muffins–all featuring the amazing carrots grown in the much-improved soil of our Community Supporter Agriculture (CSA) farm share. Yeah, I wrote that all out. I tend to do that. I dunno if it helps SEO, but it’s worth a shot?
    What else am I linking up? Oh! My April Fool’s recipe–looks like a sweet potato pie but instead is a savo(u)ry squash pie using roasted buttercup and acorn squashes from the farm share, and loads of cheese and cream for a lovely rich treat.
    Finally, the other Spring vegetable to me, besides radishes, is ASPARAGUS. So I threw it on a pizza, with some eggs and country ham and leeks, and then burned it in my oven trying to get the eggs to set.

Hey, reality happens. Go see.

Jane's Adventures in Dinner
    March 26, 2014 at 10:04 AM

Yum! I can’t wait to explore. I’m desperate at this point for spring vegetables.

March 26, 2014 at 11:54 AM

Radishes? Really? My husband loves them, too… but I just can’t like them.

But, anyway, this week I’m sharing Turkish Rice Pudding — a nice, rich and creamy rice pudding with rose water for a Middle Eastern flair! 🙂

~ Christine

Jeanne Grunert
    March 26, 2014 at 4:34 PM

I used the form to share my link, but where can I access the other links? Would like to share the idea! I love this concept and as a home and garden blogger, this is great! Thanks! (My recipe this week is for Carrot Coleslaw, a sweet and sour spin on carrot salad)

Indira
    March 29, 2014 at 12:45 PM

Hi Kristy! This looks like a great party to join!