Good morning my loves and welcome to Fresh Foods Wednesday #76!

So this past weekend I got to see one of my favorite bands live – Lake Street Dive! They’re kind of jazzy rock with a 50’s flare for the 1970’s. If that means anything. Ha! And while they definitely lived up to my hopes and dreams, the best part of the show for me was the surprisingly good opener, Ages and Ages. Think of them like West coast rock meets Vampire Weekend meets shimmy shakers and gorgeous melodies. They were truly the first opening act I’ve ever seen where I didn’t care if the “real act” even showed up. Between both the bands and the gin and sodas, it was an epic night. With a 2:30AM bedtime. The last time I was up at 2:30am I was peeing in the middle of the night after a 9:00PM bedtime. Getting old is hard. And exhausting.

The Fresh Foods Wednesday #75 link up is to encourage fresh food production, consumption, activism, and awareness. Please feel free to link up posts containing:

Lauren @ DC Healthy Bites
    April 2, 2014 at 7:17 AM

Yay .. Spring is FINALLY here! Do you eat with the seasons? Seasonal eating is more nutritious, better for the environment, cheaper, and tastes better! Thanks for hosting!

April 2, 2014 at 8:12 AM

Getting old . . . girlfriend, I could write a book. Well, I’d be focused on potty talk, so it wouldn’t be that exciting of a book actually.
    More exciting to talk about Carrots!
    I’m continuing my series hashtagcarrotweek by sharing a couple of recipes to showcase the versatility of a farm share carrot. Last week I roasted them, this week I’ve shredded them. Combining shredded farm share carrots with sushi rice in Unagi and Avocado Sushi means I’ve got a colorful and flavorful meal–and a kick ass photo that I am exceptionally proud of. Combining shredded farm share carrots with oats and raisins and dates and freshly ground soft wheat flour and honey and maple syrup and other ‘muffin stuff’ means I get to toss the word “healthy” around for SEO purposes [note that I *still* don’t really know what that means] and feed my kids Carrot Cake Muffins for breakfast or snack.

April 2, 2014 at 8:57 AM

Thanks for hosting Kristy. Today I shared a post about how whole milk is processed. Which I know you saw (thanks for sharing) but maybe some others have not?

I also linked up a slideshare I made about how the “whole” might not guarantee healthy food. Can I just tell you I am a bit obsessed with slideshare now. I am trying to diversify since such a large percentage of my traffic comes from pinterest. I discovered slideshare several weeks ago and I love it. We’ll see if it produces any traffic.

April 2, 2014 at 9:17 AM

Ha. You’re not old! 🙂
    I’m not old either, just in case you were wondering.
    The reason you can find me in my pajamas, on my couch (or on the porch in nice weather — still in my pajamas), drinking wine most Friday evenings is because I am L-A-Z-Y. That is completely different from being old!
    Speaking of L-A-Z-Y… I’m sharing a something to make for dinner on those L-A-Z-Y days: Beans & Rice. 🙂

Miz Helen
    April 2, 2014 at 9:28 AM

Good Morning Kristy,
    I am so excited that spring is finally here, it has been a long winter. We are getting our gardens going and enjoying the last of the winter greens. Hope you are having a great day and thanks so much for the party!
    Miz Helen

tessa - Homestead Lady
    April 2, 2014 at 9:47 AM

Thanks for the great link up – I learned a lot!

Jane's Adventures in Dinner
    April 2, 2014 at 10:55 AM

Doll! You’re far from old-I just turned 44 and have my four year old aging me by the minute. I’m throwing caution into the wind and start my seeds.