Happy Wednesday to you all and welcome to Fresh Foods Wednesday #77!

Fresh Foods Wednesday #65 Real Food Link UpGuess what? … Found myself a new CSA provider!! You all know that on June 1 I’m moving back to the West coast which will mean a little absenteeism here on my part while John and I get settled – but it also means I’m moving to Vancouver just in time for CSA season! Woop woop woop! So excited! Farm City Co-Op is a collection of small farms in and around the city, committed to environmentally, socially, financially and ethically sustainable farming practices. How happy am I? Pretty darn happy, that’s for sure! For only $42 a week ($6 per day), I get to pick up a box of pretty incredible seasonal, organic, low-environmental impact produce – more than enough to last 7 days – that tastes AMAZING. Can’t. Hardly. Wait. AND I can’t wait to share my share every week here, with you, on Fresh Foods Wednesday!

The Fresh Foods Wednesday #77 link up is to encourage fresh food production, consumption, activism, and awareness. Please feel free to link up posts containing:

April 9, 2014 at 7:25 AM

Wow! Good deal on your CSA. If the wind ever stops blowing cross the plains here in OK, we will get our garden planted. Kind of put it off each year so the hail that will inevitably pound us in may doesn’t take out our tender plants. Farming is stressful.

April 10, 2014 at 10:43 AM

I think so too Janine! I really would like one that has eggs and meat too but I might just have to get chickens and participate in a cow share 😉

PS. I can certainly imagine so!! Is there anything you can do to cut down the wind? You know, other than control nature 😉

April 9, 2014 at 7:32 AM

I’m very glad to read your excitement about your upcoming CSA. When we moved from Virginia to Ohio (about 500 miles, but actually our shortest move in a while since none of it involved ocean crossings) we went early on a house-hunting trip. I found our CSA and signed the contract before we signed the contract on our house! Since we didn’t move until July, I was delighted with Patchwork Gardens’ policy of not paying for weeks you don’t use, so it didn’t matter that they started in May. As it turned out, that year had a very cool and wet Spring and they pushed back the start date of the CSA until just a few weeks before we arrived. Still, it was great to know where our food was coming from before we knew where we’d be living/cooking.
    I’m linking up a couple of grilled cheese sandwiches to go with the tomato soup I shared last week: Grilled Goat Cheese with Fresh Fig, Speck and Honey uses locally sourced (cough cough figpilfering cough) figs and I look forward to the end of summer when I will make it again. Grilled Cheese with Country Ham, Leeks and Tomato Jam is one way I’ve found to enjoy the tomato jam I put up last year when I thought there was no way we’d use all the crushed tomatoes I’d put up. Silly me! Could have done a micro batch of jam and the rest in salsa as the spouse is plowing through a half pint at a sitting.
    Anyhoo–I’m also as smitten with Layered Vegetable Appetizers as I am with Wee Oliver Picklepants, so I’m sharing another one. The base of this one is Avocado Feta Hummus–following your advice from your first She Eats Loudly podcast for the 80/20 rule as avocados so aren’t local to me. I made myself a mini-roundup of my layered vegetable appetizers just because I could. I suppose I could dust, do laundry, and walk the dogs–but making the clickable collage was more fun.

April 10, 2014 at 10:45 AM

hahaha – me tooooooo Kirsten! I don’t even know where I’ll be living yet but I’ve signed up! haha… I’m jealous that you have a don’t pay for what you don’t use – I don’t think ours does that. But with any luck, we’ll use ’em all anyhow.

PS. Great rule. 80/20 is totally fair. We don’t live in a vacuum and I don’t know anyone who eats ONLY what they grow or get from the market. Sometimes we gotta compromise to stay sane. Looking forward to reading your posts this week! xo!

April 9, 2014 at 7:44 AM

Great to hear your moving back to Vancover… it always seemed like you missed it.

April 10, 2014 at 10:45 AM

Hells yeah I have Diane! Also, happy to see you 🙂

April 9, 2014 at 8:06 AM

June 1 will come quickly I am sure. Glad to hear you found a new CSA. It will be fun to see your creations.

This week I linked up 2 slideshares. Yes 2! I am definitely loving the slideshares now.

April 10, 2014 at 10:46 AM

I think so too Suzy. It’s creeping up already!! I’m stoked about your sideshares – I think they’re so clever! Thank you for linking up!! xo!

Jillian Hudson
    April 9, 2014 at 10:45 AM

Thanks for hosting! I’m sharing my favorite recipes for stuffed muffins and tomato onion jam.

April 10, 2014 at 10:46 AM

Thanks for linking up Jillian!! Both those recipes sound divine! I’m looking forward to reading them!

April 9, 2014 at 11:18 AM

Happy Wednesday! 🙂
    This week I’m sharing what might (or might not) have been my grandmother’s warm milk recipe. See, I don’t *always* drink alcohol in the evenings! 😉
    ~ Christine

April 10, 2014 at 10:47 AM

Me either, Christine… *cough cough* …… I wonder if Kahlua would go well in warmed milk?

Amy | Club Narwhal
    April 9, 2014 at 2:07 PM

Woohoo-congrats on your move!! Also, I have never signed up for a CSA but may have found one that I like in my town. I’m really excited! Thanks for hosting 🙂

April 10, 2014 at 10:48 AM

Thanks Amy! I’m so excited!! 🙂

Oooooh! I’d love to hear more about your CSA! What are they like?? There are both benefits and *cough* challenges *cough* when it comes to CSAs but they’re totally worth it.

April 10, 2014 at 9:14 PM

hi kristy! your blog is gorgeous and so stylish!! love everything about local and home grown food. so glad to meet you!

April 11, 2014 at 9:50 AM

Hey Ananda! Thank you so much 🙂 I did the blog design myself via my boutique company ohksocialmedia so I appreciate your kind words! xoxo! It’s great to meet you too – I hope we’ll see you around more. Happy Friday! Thanks for taking the time to say hello.

April 11, 2014 at 6:42 AM

I’m so stoked for you!!! I know you’ve been missing your CSA and your hometown something fierce. I can’t wait to see all your veggie goodness.

April 11, 2014 at 9:51 AM

YES! I’m stoked too!! And now we’re CSA buddies again 😉 Has yours started up yet??