Happy Wednesday to you all and welcome to Fresh Foods Wednesday #79!

This will be the last Fresh Foods Wednesday until I get back from Vancouver in a couple of weeks. I’m leaving on Monday to look for a place to live – how EXCITING is that?! – and will be back a week later. So next week, no link up. But the week after? Heck yeah! Wish me luck as I fly across the country in search of sun, sand and a whole lot of fresh veggies!

The Fresh Foods Wednesday #79 link up is to encourage fresh food production, consumption, activism, and awareness. Please feel free to link up posts containing:

April 23, 2014 at 7:12 AM

So glad you are going back home.

April 23, 2014 at 8:08 AM

Sun and sand sounds wonderful. Good luck!

April 23, 2014 at 8:14 AM

Woot! Enjoy your house hunting/reconnecting trip. I’ll keep on digging around in the garden. I just picked up some everbearing strawberry plants to add to our June bearing patch, unless it’s a grave horrible thing to keep on growing strawberries in the same patch–I dunno, but I think I’ll keep on doing it.
    I also grabbed a bag of 80 red onion sets. Why they call them sets I don’t know, because it’s just a baby onion bulb. Red onion baby bulbs is more cumbersome to say. I’m going to plant them amongst the flowers in my front yard garden bed. Don’t try and stop me.
    Today I’ve been in a planning for the guacamole fest that is Cinco de Mayo mood. I am not Irish and don’t really go nuts on St Patricks Day, but I’ll take any excuse to eat Mexican-inspired food and drink margaritas.

Speaking of margaritas . . . the recipe testing for my Cheater Margarita Smoothie has just been a blast. For the family, too–much more fun than yet another recipe for curried acorn squash soup–in April no less.

Along with the smoothie I’ve got a rich vegetarian dish–Creamy Avocado enchiladas. Packed with bell peppers and caramelized onions, then spiced with roasted Hatch chiles these things rock.

Finally, for some foraging, we picked a . . . . crapton . . . of wild violets and made wild violet syrup and wild violet sugar with them. Then I turned those into a bunch of muffins. Then I lost the recipe and had to re-make them.

Oh, the horrors. Making the kids eat more sweet flowery muffins and making the spouse drink more margaritas.

Jane's Adventures in Dinner
    April 23, 2014 at 9:25 AM

Have a BLAST in Van just love it out there (even with the addition of my bat-s##t crazy MIL) C:

Amy | Club Narwhal
    April 23, 2014 at 10:38 AM

Ahhh! Good luck on your trip, Kristy! So many amazing things are in store for you 🙂

April 23, 2014 at 11:45 AM

Morning! I am late to the link up since I am actually on the west coast right now. Although much more south than Vancouver. It is weird blogging on the west coast. I feel like I am late for everything. Good luck in your home search. Can’t wait to hear about it!

Jillian Hudson
    April 23, 2014 at 4:33 PM

Thanks for hosting! I’ve shared my cooked mayonnaise recipe that easy and free of most allergens. I also shared my all natural hair care secrets and dispelled a few misconceptions.

April 24, 2014 at 9:09 AM

Sun, sand, and fresh veggies! Sounds wonderful! Have a great trip! 🙂

This week I’m sharing Mama’s Chicken Soup: The Cure for Everything except Death!

April 25, 2014 at 6:55 AM

I’m happy you are happy. That is all.

April 26, 2014 at 1:04 AM

hi kristy! best luck with your trip! hope you find a lovely new home – i’m sure you will!!! xo