Hello my darlings! Welcome to Fresh Foods Wednesday #80!

So I’m kind of writing to you from the future. Or the past. I’m confused. And not entirely sure how it works but I’m essentially writing this post to you in advance because I’m currently on my way home from Vancouver. Or at least, I was on my way home from Vancouver and let’s be honest: The last thing I’m gonna wanna do after a long-ass haul across the country is log onto my computer and chat with you. No offense – I adore the crap outta ya. But after a big day of travel, all I want is a my jammie-jams, bourbon and a bath. Sooooooo… Next Wednesday I’ll have some stellar news about new living conditions (hopefully) and the less-than-a-month countdown to Project “Get the Heck Outta Toronto and Back to the West Coast” will have begun! What what!

The Fresh Foods Wednesday #80 link up is to encourage fresh food production, consumption, activism, and awareness. Please feel free to link up posts containing:

Miz Helen
    May 7, 2014 at 7:42 AM

Good Morning Kristy,
    What an adventure you are having sounds like fun going back to a place you love. Have a great week and thanks so much for the party!
    Miz Helen

May 7, 2014 at 8:03 AM

Kristy,

I’m putting out The Final Call for Garlic Scape Recipes. I’d like to use a photo + link to your recipe in my round up. Deadline Friday 9 May. Links can be sent directly to me on the blog. Please share–garlic scapes are so wonderful I’d like to have lots of ideas!

May 7, 2014 at 8:09 AM

And of course I utterly forgot the other point of my comments–hey! I’m glad you’re back from the future . . . or something like that. I understand the confusion. Been writing up recipes for next April based on all the avocado dips I’ve been making lately. Had to take a break and grill one of the last 2 butternuts in the Strategic Winter Squash Reserve for dinner last night. At least that recipe will go up in Octoberish time frame.

But today–today I’m linking up a smattering of the past few weeks. There’s a pizza–Don’t Do Like I Did When Making Chicago Style Deep Dish Pizza. There’s a Grilled Cheese Sandwich–and a clickable collage of all the others I’ve done. Plus soup. Still haven’t tried chocolate milk, though someone suggested dipping grilled cheese in hot chocolate, so I think you’d like that.
    What else? Oh, wild violets, Meghan’s granola, and mentoring.
    Finally–GARLIC SCAPES! No, mine aren’t here, but I’d like to get my recipes posted so I can include them in next week’s garlic scape round up so it’s all out on the inter webs before people start looking for garlic scape recipes. That’s the plan at least.
    And like I said above, I’d love to have more recipes to include in my collages (not the recipe, mind you, just a photo+link to your site).
    Bring them on–and take a deep breath before you move! I’m heading over to help my folks pack up to move later this month. Need to work around the beginning of the CSA, though.
    Thanks!

Amy | Club Narwhal
    May 7, 2014 at 4:14 PM

Oooh, love that blogging allows for time travel 🙂 Safe travels (and yes, jammie time for sure 🙂

Jillian Hudson
    May 8, 2014 at 3:04 PM

Thanks for hosting! I have shared coconut oatmeal cookies. This was the first cookie recipe I adapted once I was diagnosed with severe food allergies. What do you think?

nourished roots
    May 8, 2014 at 5:08 PM

Thanks for hosting such a great party. I shared my Chocolate Almond Butter Energy Blasts. I hope your readers love them. I would love to be added to the pintrest board. thanks

May 9, 2014 at 8:56 AM

Just so you know, I think you’re heroic for hosting this in the midst of all your adventures! 😉 And here I am posting on Friday just because my internet has been funky for a couple of days… not ’cause I’m moving across the country or anything!
    Anyway…
    This week I’m sharing Jammy Gummy Bites — perfect for using up last year’s homemade jam before next jam-making season arrives. Or as a new treat for school lunches. Or as simply an excuse to make even *more* jam this year! 🙂

May 9, 2014 at 1:53 PM

I will take my Kristy dose in whatever tense it comes (past, present or future) because I’m not picky. Much.
    Thanks for hosting love.

Miss Polkadot
    May 9, 2014 at 2:42 PM

It’s my first time linking up with you so thanks for hosting! Seeing as this post went up a few days ago I hope you settled back in well at home and had a really nice bath. The best after long travels.

Jammy Gummy Bites – Once Upon a Time in a Bed of Wildflowers
    May 18, 2016 at 6:27 AM

[…] Homestead Bloggers Network, the Gathering Spot, and VMG206: Brag About It. And Raising Homemakers, Fresh Foods Wednesday, Real Foods Wednesday, Wellness Wednesday, Waste Not Want Not, and Allergy Free Wednesday. And […]