Welcome to Fresh Foods Wednesday #84!

Guess what? I just found out that you can now participate in the link up via INSTAGRAM!

Holy crap! This is exciting! So if you don’t have a blog post to share, you can actually share pictures from your Instagram photos which will link to that post(s) in your feed! How AWESOME is that??? So now bloggers, Instagramers and real food lovers alike can link up here and create an even bigger, better and more connected community!

To do so, simply do the same as you would if you were linking a post by clicking the “Add A Link” button below and paste the URL from the photo in the feed and select the Instagram icon to grab the picture. You’ll be asked to log in and authorize the app access, and then bam! You can share your Instagram collections with us! Easy peasy, right? You can view full instructions and how-to pictures here.

For those of you linking up blog posts, feel free to share your Instagram pictures too! Let’s get this party rockin’ & rollin! And as always, everyone is welcome to pin whatever you share to the group Pinterest board. Simply email me to be invited.

This week in my CSA from Farm City Co-Op I got:

• 1 Head of cabbage;
  • Beets (the best I’ve eaten in years);
  • Beet greens;
  • Mixed salad greens;
  • Sunflower sprouts;
  • 1 Bunch of kale;
  • 1 Bunch of dandelion greens;
  • New baby potatoes;
  • Shelling peas;
  • 2 Summer squash.

Farm City Coop CSA - Fresh Foods Wednesday #84 - She Eats

The Fresh Foods Wednesday #84 link up is to encourage fresh food production, consumption, activism, eating and awareness. Please feel free to link up posts or Instagram images containing:

You may link up as many posts or pictures in a given week that you haven’t shared with the Wednesday Fresh Foods Link Up before by using the linky tool at the bottom of this post.

Please make an effort to click on a few of the linked up contributions and say hello by leaving a comment for your fellow fresh food communitarians and/or leave one here to tell us what you’ve shared – because it’s always nice to know someone thinks we’re doing a good job!

And if you like what you see here, please feel free to include a simple text link back to this link up in the post(s) you share. If not, no biggie. You can also follow me on any of the social networks via the handy dandy links at the top of the sidebar or sign up for my bi-weekly newsletter to stay in the loop with all things local food, real ingredient recipes and pretty much everything she eats.

Receive some extra social media love from me by tweeting or Instagraming weekly link-up contributions with the hashtag #FreshFoodsWednesday and/or share your contributions on the She Eats Facebook Page! As I’ve mentioned before, this link-up is to encourage fresh food production, consumption, activism, eating and awareness. We can do this together!

Bill @thewoksoflife
    July 23, 2014 at 1:01 AM

I love the concept – Thnaks for hosting!
    Bill @thewoksoflife recently published…Easy Chicken Chorizo PaellaMy Profile

Vicky
    July 23, 2014 at 5:12 AM

Thanks for hosting, this week I’m sharing my Gluten-Free and Vegan Sweet Potato Chickpea Salad recipe.

July 27, 2014 at 8:12 PM

Happy to host Vicky! Great to see you 🙂 AND your salad. Amazing!

July 23, 2014 at 7:35 AM

Kristi,
    You kids and your new-fangled instagram! I’ll stick to taking my photos the old fashioned way, uphill both ways in the snow . . . um, I mean filterless.
    I’m fascinated to see your CSA is only about a week or two behind mine season-wise–you’re transitioning from spring crops to summer just like we are. I love the changing of the seasons. Today I’ve linked up a transitional recipe–cool weather turnips frittered on the stove top–as well as some more summery stuff.
    Kirsten recently published…Surimi Chirashi Sushi with Summer VegetablesMy Profile

July 27, 2014 at 8:14 PM

You sounds like my dad Kirsten! Haha.. Only not was it 2 ways uphill in the snow, but also had to row across a river and drag a horse behind him too 😉

PS. Instagram is awesome.

Oh yeah, and I LOVE following people to see what their CSA season is doing too! I can’t believe we’re only a couple weeks behind you!

July 23, 2014 at 7:51 AM

Not a bad haul from you CSA this week. Good to see the party back.
    Diane Balch recently published…Summer Vegetable Soup: Provencal Vegetable Soup #French Fridays with DorieMy Profile

July 27, 2014 at 8:14 PM

Thank you Diane! This week was awesome. Wait till you see this coming one though. Kind of the best one yet. And by kind of, I mean most definitely. 🙂

Sara @knowmoreveggies
    July 23, 2014 at 12:22 PM

Thank you for hosting this linkup. I am sharing my oven baked onion rings. They are paleo friendly and gluten free!

July 27, 2014 at 8:15 PM

Hey Sara! Those sound divine. I love a good baked onion ring. Thanks so much for participating!

Janine
    July 23, 2014 at 1:13 PM

Hi there and thanks for hosting this party. I look forward to perusing all these fun and great ideas. I’ve shared a post on how to make some great grain free veggie spaghetti. Have a great day and we’ll see you next week.
    Janine recently published…Grain Free SpaghettiMy Profile

July 27, 2014 at 8:16 PM

Veggie Spaghetti?? I could get on that train Janine. Choo choo! haha. Thanks so much for participating!