Welcome to Fresh Foods Wednesday #91!

You can now participate in the link up via INSTAGRAM! View full instructions and how-to pictures here.

For those of you linking up blog posts, feel free to share your Instagram pictures too! Let’s get this party rockin’ & rollin! And as always, everyone is welcome to pin whatever you share to the group Pinterest board. Simply email me to be invited to pin.

This week in my CSA from Farm City Co-Op I got:

• Tender red beets
  •  1 Head cabbage
  • 2 Cucumbers
  • 1 Beautiful onion
  • 2 Red peppers
  • A TON of purple plums
  • 1 Sugar pie pumpkins
  • Romaine lettuce
  • Pea shoots
  • Heirloom tomatoes

Fresh Foods Wednesday #91 - Real Food Link Up - She Eats

A snippet of this week’s bounty: 2 Gorgeous pie pumpkins (and I’m 12 so I made them into tatas); A collection of pumpkins for picture taking and festivus; Behind the scenes – the making of a blog post #FoodPhotoSetUp; Cheese, bread and heirloom tomatoes rule; Fresh corn, dandelion green & sautéed Summer squash flat-bread topped off with Natural Pastures buffalo mozzarella and a balsamic reduction; Lunching on the dock of the bay.

Check out more of the stuff I chowed down on via my Instagram Feed (because I pretty much live there).

The Fresh Foods Wednesday #91 link up is to encourage fresh food production, consumption, activism, eating and awareness. Please feel free to link up posts or Instagram images containing:

You may link up as many posts or pictures in a given week that you haven’t shared with the Wednesday Fresh Foods Link Up before by using the linky tool at the bottom of this post.

Please make an effort to click on a few of the linked up contributions and say hello by leaving a comment for your fellow fresh food communitarians and/or leave one here to tell us what you’ve shared – because it’s always nice to know someone thinks we’re doing a good job!

And if you like what you see here, please feel free to include a simple text link back to this link up in the post(s) you share. If not, no biggie. You can also follow me on any of the social networks via the handy dandy links at the top of the sidebar or sign up for my bi-weekly newsletter to stay in the loop with all things local food, real ingredient recipes and pretty much everything she eats.

PRE-ORDER YOUR COPY BEFORE IT’S TOO LATE!

September 17, 2014 at 7:10 AM

Nice pumpkins… thanks for the party dear.
    Diane Balch recently published…West African Tuna Salad inspired from Tuna and Mango Ceviche #French Fridays with DorieMy Profile

September 17, 2014 at 8:15 AM

Kristy,
    I just popped a Tata Pumpkin (heck, it’s as good as Cotton Candy Grapes) into the oven to roast. I’ve got the Strategic Winter Squash Reserve in the basement, but out on the porch are the slightly nibbled-but healed over, use up first, garden volunteers. So, since it’s lovely and cool for roasting –yet the high this week will be the day I’m walking a half marathon, what’s up with that?–I’ve started to roast what I’ve got.

Roast ’em if you’ve got ’em, I always say. Not really.

Anyhoo, I’ve linked up some apple and pear stuff, and yet another reminder that if you have access to land in a place where tulips grow–get thinking about planting garlic between your Canadiaun Thanksgivuing and our ‘murican one.

Nag nag nag, it’s all I ever do.

Kirsten recently published…Pear Walnut Sourdough Coffee CakeMy Profile

September 19, 2014 at 11:47 AM

Ummmmm… what are cotton candy grapes and how do I get some?

PS. I adore your nagging. More than you know. That and your crazy ‘murican accent 😉

September 17, 2014 at 7:25 PM

Thanks for hosting. I think your pumpkin tatas are beautiful.

September 19, 2014 at 11:47 AM

Thanks girl. I think your human ones are too 😉

Jillian Hudson
    September 17, 2014 at 11:46 PM

Thanks for hosting! I’m sharing my Persian Shepard’s Pie. It’s a leftover repurposer with a crispy rice shell! I’m also sharing my Quick Donut Rolls, a gluten-free, yeast-free dinner roll in a fun shape. It’s sure to be a hit with the kids!
    Jillian Hudson recently published…Quick and Fun Donut Rolls – GF,CF,DF,YFMy Profile

September 19, 2014 at 11:48 AM

Hey Jillian! Any Shepard’s pie is a good Shepard’s pie. Thank you so much for sharing 🙂

Vicky
    September 18, 2014 at 6:01 AM

Thanks for hosting, this week I am sharing a GF Golden Berry Granola Bar recipe and a Creamy Vegan Pumpkin Pasta with Sage (GF).
    Vicky recently published…Gluten-Free Golden Berry Superfood GranolaMy Profile

September 19, 2014 at 11:49 AM

Ooooooh! More pumpkin Vicky! I love it! Thank you for linking up this week – great to see you!

Skot
    September 18, 2014 at 3:48 PM

I think those fish and chips need some mushy peas and less ketchup 😉 Is that one of those hidden image things? Do I win a prize? Nice to see another yummy post up!

September 19, 2014 at 11:50 AM

hahahahahahaha if J heard you ask for mushy peas, he’d punch you 😉 PS. It could be. Look closer. Also, it’s fabulous to hear from you.