Welcome to Fresh Foods Wednesday #93!

Happy October 1 my friends! How are we feeling about Autumn, yall? That’s right. I said “yall”. The leaves are turning and falling quicker than the un-dead around here (Walking Dead starts this month, obviously) and the pumpkins are exploding at the farmer’s market. Okay, not literally exploding. But they’re definitely easily available (kinda like me, ow ow!). I can’t turn my head left or right, up or down, this way or that without seeing crunchy yellow leaves and delicious orange pumpkins (even in beer form).Kristy GArdner - Fresh foods Wednesday - Pumpkin! SheEats.ca

…Speaking of looking up or down (and zombies), can dogs look up? 2 points to the person who can name that flick.

The Fresh Foods Wednesday #93 link up is to encourage fresh food production, consumption, activism, eating and awareness. Please feel free to link up posts or Instagram images containing:

You may link up as many posts or pictures in a given week that you haven’t shared with the Wednesday Fresh Foods Link Up before by using the linky tool at the bottom of this post. We also have Pinterest board – everyone is welcome to pin whatever you share here to the group Pinterest board. Simply email me to be invited to join.

Please make an effort to click on a few of the linked up contributions and say hello by leaving a comment for your fellow fresh food communitarians and/or leave one here to tell us what you’ve shared – because it’s always nice to know someone thinks we’re not sucking a big one!

And if you like what you see here, please feel free to include a simple text link back to this link up in the post(s) you share. If not, no biggie. You can also follow me on any of the social networks via the handy dandy links at the top of the sidebar or sign up for my bi-weekly newsletter to stay in the loop with all things local food, real ingredient recipes and pretty much everything she eats.

PRE-ORDER YOUR COPY BEFORE IT’S TOO LATE!

suzy
    October 1, 2014 at 6:59 AM

Good Morning! Was that pumpkin your mom’s that she wouldn’t let you use?

Ok so I know you are going look at my link up and think “cookies, really suzy?” But I used all whole wheat flour, less sugar, and chocolate chips with only 3 ingredients. And the cookies are awesome. My favorite cc cookie ever now.

I’ll have to come back to check out others since am first this morning! I should go back to bed.
    suzy recently published…my favorite september postsMy Profile

October 2, 2014 at 9:52 AM

Good morning Suzy! It surely is – she finally picked it! So my brother and I hung out in the front yard taking ridiculous photographs and embarrassing my parents in front of the neighbours. hahaha..

PS. Stoked for your cookies. Right stoked.

PPS. Hope you slept well!

Vicky
    October 1, 2014 at 7:11 AM

Thanks for hosting, this week I’m sharing a Vegan Sweet Potato Apple Soup {GF} and a Shredded Chicken with Asian Ginger Sauce {GF}.

October 2, 2014 at 9:54 AM

Thank you for linking up Vicky! The soup sounds phenomenal! More apples please (I always want more apples). Luckily we got a ton in the CSA this week so I’m stoked to use em.

October 1, 2014 at 9:14 AM

Kristy you look good with that pumpkin.
    Thanks for hosting.
    Kirsten recently published…Fall Color Vegetable Appetizers {Sriracha Pumpkin Hummus}My Profile

October 2, 2014 at 9:56 AM

hahahaha – I couldn’t hold it and we tried to put it on my legs …. but I think it would have broke them. So classy spread eagle it is!

October 2, 2014 at 1:42 AM

I still can’t get over you straddled that pumpkin. It’s a good look for you. 🙂

October 2, 2014 at 9:57 AM

HA! Meghan – same thing I said to Kirsten: I couldn’t hold it and we tried to put it on my legs …. but I think it would have broke them. So classy spread eagle it is! 😉

Robyn @ simply fresh dinners
    October 2, 2014 at 7:38 AM

Hi Kristy,

What a delight to find your beautiful blog and link party! I’m joining up for the first time today and I’m looking forward to exploring so many healthy dishes. Thanks so much for hosting!
    Robyn @ simply fresh dinners recently published…Tuscan Bean CasseroleMy Profile

October 2, 2014 at 9:59 AM

Oh thank you Robyn! It’s great to see you – welcome!! 🙂

PS. Thank YOU for linking up and visiting! Your Tuscan Bean Casserole is a fabulously delicious looking addition.

Robyn @ simply fresh dinners
    October 2, 2014 at 7:41 AM

Oh, I just noticed you’re in Vancouver. I live in Sidney, very close to the ferries. I’m in Barrie, ON, at the moment for work for a year or two but I will be making my way back home soon. Nice to meet you, Neighbour 🙂
    Robyn @ simply fresh dinners recently published…Tuscan Bean CasseroleMy Profile

October 2, 2014 at 10:00 AM

PS. hehehe.. .I just noticed your second comment! I sure am! I lived in Victoria for 6 years before this (and 2 years in Toronto blech) so I’m an Island girl through and through. Sidney is gorgeous and so peaceful. There’s just something so wholesome and home feeling about the island, isn’t there?? How do you find Barrie?

October 3, 2014 at 11:48 AM

Hello! I’ve missed you! I took the summer off from blog-hopping in order to parent properly. Yes. I know what month is is. I also know what day it is! I’ve had a hard time getting back into the swing of things.
    But I’m here now. AND I brought Pumpkin Pie Latte. 🙂
    Christine @ Once Upon a Time in a Bed of Wildflowers recently published…From the Farm Blog Hop… Freezer Apple Pie FillingMy Profile