- 1 Lb. All Purpose Potatoes (i.e. Russet), washed & peeled.
- 3 Garlic Cloves, skins removed.
- 1 Lemon, zest & juice.
- 1 C Prepared Mayonnaise.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Kosher Salt & Fresh Cracked Black Pepper.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut the potatoes into 1" chunks. Dump them and a few glugs of olive oil into a baking pan. Season generously with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Bake for approx. 45 - 50 minutes, or until potatoes are golden and crispy. (Traditionally, you could deep fry these babies, but I have tried to make it a little safer, a little easier, and a little healthier). You will have to flip the potatoes every 10 to 15 minutes to ensure even browning.
- Meanwhile, make the aioli. See Garlicky Lemon Saffron Aioli Recipe for instructions and my justification for not making the aioli from scratch - just omit the saffron threads. I would put the sauce on the side, since not everyone likes the same amount of sauce.
Recipe by She Eats at https://sheeats.ca/2010/11/tapas-study-party-part-3-patates-braves/