This isn’t really a recipe – it’s a cheater’s recipe. But it really worked in a pinch for the Lingcod Cakes. Plus, I got to use up some of the extra chutney left over from the vindaloo John made the other day. It can be so difficult sometimes to use up all the sauces/condiments in the fridge so if I get the chance to, I’m gonna do it. Even if it means cheating.
Cheater's Apple Mango Chutney
- 1 Tart Apple, peeled, cored, and cut into wedges (i.e. Granny Smith).
- 1 Tbsp Un-Salted Butter.
- Pinch of Kosher Salt.
- Tsp Lemon Juice.
- 3/4 C Store-Bought Mango Chutney.
- Melt the butter in a small non-stick pan on the stove over low-medium heat.
- Once melted and starting to bubble, add the apple, salt, and lemon juice and stir well to coat.
- When the apples are just starting to colour, pull them off the heat, dump em on a cutting board and chop em up roughly.
- Once cooled, chuck em in the chutney, stir to combine.Serve with the Lingcod Cakes.
(See? Told you it was a cheater’s recipe).