- 1 - 1 1/2 C Fine Grind Corn Meal (if you use 1 C you will have a softer polenta - if you use 1 1/2 C it will be much more firm. Both versions are good. See what suits you).
- 4 C Chicken or Veggie Broth.
- 1 C Water.
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- 2 Tbsp. Butter, unsalted & room temperature.
- Kosher Salt & Fresh Cracked Black Pepper to taste.
- 1 Lemon for juice.
- 1/2 C Shredded Parmesan Cheese.
- In a large pot bring the stock, water, olive oil and lemon juice to a simmer (just below boiling) over medium heat.
- As it heats mix the cornmeal, salt, and pepper together in a bowl. Once the liquid is at a good simmer SLOWLY pour in the cornmeal/salt mixture in a steady stream, stirring constantly to avoid clumping.
- Continue stirring for about 10 minutes (give or take) until the meal has thickened, cooked through and of desired consistency. At the last minute, dump in the Parmesan and butter. Stir well to mix through and serve.
Recipe by She Eats at https://sheeats.ca/2011/04/basic-polenta/