I wasn’t going to do a blog post today. My day today is supposed to be filled with small house details that I’ve been neglecting as a result of my obsessive and compulsive blogging habits – checking up on bloglovin, reading new posts, finding new blogs, entering my own updates, etc… It’s becoming unhealthy, actually… At night I’m even dreaming about blogs – new entries, possible new recipes, the wonderful people that have come into my life via various blogging communities thus far. It’s ridiculous.
So yes. I wasn’t going to do a blog post today. But here I am anyway, typing away even as my book, Cormac McCarthy’s “The Road” is calling to me from my bed.. And yes, napping is considered a small house detail.
So, to make it quick – for lunch today I decided to chow down on some of my homemade guacamole with a side of whole wheat pita crisps. But it needed something. What did it need, you ask?
Oh. It needed tequila.
I thought to myself, why not have a margarita on Monday?? It’s my day off, it’s beautiful outside, and I’m damn well eating guacamole! Margarita, YES!
A Margarita Monday
- 10 Limes for juice.
- 1/2 C Limeonade
- 5 Handfuls of Ice.
- 6 - 8 Ounces Tequila (try to get something better than Olmeca).
- 3 Ounces Orange Flavoured Liquor.
- 2 -3 Tsp Local, Organic Honey.
- Salt to rim (Rough Sea Salt works great and isn't too over-powering).
- Chuck all of the above into a blender except for the salt. Puree till slushy.
- You may need to edit the amount of ice to suit the consistency you prefer. Or, omit the blender and serve over ice instead.
- Take a slice of lime, cut a slit in the flesh, and trace the rim of a glass with it.
- Dump your salt on a plate and gently place the limed rim in the salt.
- Fill with "juice", garnish with a slice of lime, and drink up!Ow Ow!
- Margarita Monday!