Fresh Corn Cakes with Avocado & Goat Cheese Salsa
- 2 C Fresh Corn Kernels, cut from the cob.
- 1 C All-Purpose White Flour.
- 1/2 C Fine Ground Cornmeal.
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder.
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda.
- 1 Tbsp Sugar.
- 1 Tsp Kosher Salt.
- 2 Free-Range Organic Eggs, lightly beaten.
- 2 Tbsp Milk.
- 1 Large Tomato (or handful of tiny ones), chopped.
- 1 Red Chile, seeded & finely chopped.
- 1 Tbsp Cilantro, roughly chopped.
- 1/2 a small size Sweet Onion, finely chopped.
- 1 Large Garlic Clove, minced.
- Juice of 1 Lime.
- 1 Avocado, pitted and diced.
- Small Palmful of fresh chevre, crumbled.
- Pre-heat your oven to 200 degrees F.
- While that heats, pulse corn several times in a food processor until coarse chunks form - you don't want puree.
- Transfer the corn to a large bowl and combine with flour, cornmeal, baking powder, soda, sugar, salt and pepper to taste. Add eggs and milk and whisk until just combined.
- Pre-heat a splash of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.Once hot, drop batter by tablespoonfuls into the skillet, but be careful not to over-crowd the pan or they won't cook properly.
- Cook 1 - 2 minutes per side until golden brown and transfer to a cookie sheet to keep warm in your oven until all the cakes are ready to be served.
- For the salsa, combine all the ingredients in a bowl just before serving and mix well.
- Serve cakes topped with the salsa.
Recipe by She Eats at https://sheeats.ca/2011/09/fresh-corn-cakes-with-avocado-goat-cheese-salsa/