Spicy Tomato Jam
- 4 Ripe Tomatoes, halved.
- 1 Large Red Chile, seeded and thinly sliced.
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- 1 Garlic Clove, crushed.
- 1 Tsp White Sugar.
- Kosher Salt & Fresh Cracked Black Pepper.
- Pre-heat your oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Put the tomatoes in a bowl with the chile and toss with olive oil to coat.Arrange them cut side up on the prepared sheet (make sure to get all the chile pieces) and cook in the oven for 30 minutes, or until just starting to collapse and soften.
- Transfer them to the bowl of a food processor, add the garlic, sugar, and a pinch of salt and pepper, and process until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to a saucepan and cook over high heat until it reaches a boil. Continue to boil for about 10 minutes, or until it has reduced in volume by half.
- Spoon into a bowl and let cool.
Recipe by She Eats at https://sheeats.ca/2011/09/tomato-jam/