Balsamicy Winter Braising Greens with Raisins and Almonds
- Large Bunch of Winter Greens (i.e kale, chard, rapini, etc...), washed, dried & prepared (i.e. if leafy greens cut into 1" strips or if using kale, stems removed).
- 1/2 Large Sweet Onion, diced.
- 2 Cloves Garlic, finely chopped.
- 1/3 C Toasted Almonds, roughly chopped.
- 1/4 C Raisins (whichever variety you prefer).
- 1 Batch Balsamic Reduction.
- Juice from half a lemon.
- 1/2 C Chicken or Veggie Stock.
- 1 Tbsp Butter, unsalted.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Kosher Salt & Fresh Cracked Black Pepper.
- In a large stock pot warm a couple glugs of olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the onions and stir well. Allow to soften for about 3 minutes and then add the garlic. Stir again and let cook for about a minute.
- Toss in the greens, raisins, and stock, cover pot, and allow to steam for about 5 - 7 minutes, quickly stirring once or twice.
- After veggies are cooked down but still hold a little integrity, remove the lid and allow for any excess moisture to cook away.
- Add the butter and lemon juice. Remove from the heat. Toss in the almonds, and salt & pepper to taste. Stir well. Scoop into a serving dish and drizzle with a couple Tbsp of the balsamic reduction.
Recipe by She Eats at https://sheeats.ca/2011/11/balsamicy-winter-braising-greens-with-raisins-almonds/