Black Bean Veggie Dip
- 500g Can Black Beans, drained & rinsed.
- 1 Onion, chopped.
- 3 Cloves Garlic, chopped.
- 1 Red Pepper, chopped.
- 1 Bird's Eye Chili, chopped.
- 1/2 C Apple Cider Vinegar.
- 4 Tbsp Local Honey.
- 1 Tsp Chili Powder.
- 1 Tsp Ground Cumin.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Kosher Salt & Fresh Cracked Black Pepper.
- 1 Bag Organic Corn Tortilla Chips (to serve).
- In a large skillet, heat a couple glugs of olive oil over medium heat. Once hot, add the onion, peppers, and garlic. Saute for 4 minutes.
- Add the beans, vinegar, honey, chili powder, and cumin, season well with salt and pepper. Massage well to combine and simmer over medium-low heat for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat and carefully dump all the contents into a food processor. Puree. Taste and add more honey, vinegar or salt if necessary (I never have to).
- Allow to cool to at least room temperature (if not fridge temperature) - it will thicken substantially as it cools.
- Serve with corn tortilla chips.
Recipe by She Eats at https://sheeats.ca/2012/02/veggie-black-bean-dip/