Roasted Veggie Breakfast (or supper) Omelet
- 4 Free-Range Organic Eggs.
- 1/4 C Milk or Water.
- Seasonal Roasting Vegetables (brussel sprouts, cauliflower, carrots, pearl onions, garlic cloves) cleaned & well dried.
- 1 Batch Kale Chips, crumbled.
- 1/3 - 1/2 C Gruyere or Sharp Cheddar Cheese, grated.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Kosher Salt & Fresh Cracked Black Pepper.
- To roast the vegetables: Once they're prepared, simply throw into a roasting pan, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, arrange as a single layer in the pan and roast uncovered in an oven at 475 degrees F for about 20-30 minutes or until just fork tender. Remove from the heat.
- To make the omelet: Heat a non-stick medium sized pan over medium heat.
- In a generous bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk or water until frothy. Once the pan is hot, spray with non-stick spray and gently pour the eggy mixture into the pan. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for about 2 to 3 minutes or until the underside is cooked - but not brown - and the top is cooked through enough to flip over without splattering all over the place. Carefully flip over and continue cooking a further 30-60 seconds or until there is no raw egg left.
- Sprinkle the omelet with half the cheese, add a generous helping of veggies to one half, finishing off with the other half of the cheese.
- Carefully fold over the veggie-free half. If it doesn't close entirely that's okay - it just means you've got lots of veggie goodness in there!
- Allow the cheese to gently melt - you may want to turn down the heat slightly so it doesn't brown. Remove from the heat and serve with more veggies tossed on top. Season to taste.
Recipe by She Eats at https://sheeats.ca/2012/03/roast-veggie-breakfast-or-supper-omelet/