Brownies with a Twist (Option 2 - Sugar)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup coffee (hot coffee is advised to assist with dissolving the sugar)
- 1/2 cup bacon grease
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup oat flour/brown rice flour
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Heat bacon grease until almost melted in microwave or sauce pan, pour into a large mixing bowl and stir in sugar and coffee to form a uniform mixture. (Note: before you add the eggs you want the mixture to not be too hot when you add the eggs, so keep that in mind if you are using hot/cold coffee).
- Whisk eggs in a separate bowl and combine. Stir in cocoa powder, brown rice/oat flour,salt and baking soda.
- Bake in a shallow baking dish or ramekins for 15-20 minutes at 250 F. Depending on the depth of the pan that you use, the texture might seem a bit soft upon removal from the oven.
- Let brownies sit for 15 minutes to cool if serving warm, for a denser texture, let cool on a baking rack and then set in fridge for at least 2 hours before serving.
Adapted from Heather @ Tart and Heathered
Recipe by She Eats at https://sheeats.ca/2012/06/guest-post-heather-tart-and-heathered/