Good morning my lovely muffin tops!
…why does that not sound as sweet as I’d hoped? I really do promise I’m not calling you all fat. Muffin tops are always peoples favorite part of the muffin, right? You’re MY favorite part of the muffin! Or at least, my favorite part of this blog.
Totally dug myself out of that hole.
I promise I’m not stoned. Not that the above intro and title would lead you to believe that. Aye.
I know mushrooms are a tricky one. But I love em. I love em! The edible kind – not the kind that get you high. Why am I talking so much about drugs here?
I promise. I’m not toasted. But these mushrooms were – well, more roasted. And they were fantastic. A very simple side dish when you’re in a hurry. And they look pretty. And who doesn’t need a little more pretty in their life?
P.s. if you don’t like mushrooms, you will hate this post. Or at least this recipe. My sincere apologies. If that’s the case, check this out instead. It’s hilarious.
Yield 4 servings
- 2 Lbs Misc. Mushrooms (I used button but Shiitake, Portobella, Oyster, Lobster, etc... would work as well), rubbed clean and roughly chopped.
- 4 Cloves of Garlic, roughly chopped.
- 2 Shallots, thinly sliced.
- Zest of 1 Lemon.
- Small Handful of Flat-Leaf Italian Parsley, roughly chopped.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Good Quality Balsamic Vinegar.
- Coarse Sea Salt & Fresh Cracked Black Pepper.
- 1 Tsp Dried Chili Flakes (optional).
- Pre-heat your oven to 425 degrees F.
- Throw all of the above, save for the parsley into a baking pan. Use a good glug or two of oil and more vinegar than you think you should. Season well with S & P.
- Toss well to combine.
- Place in oven and roast for 20 minutes, shaking the pan half way through.
- Remove from the oven, toss with the parsley and serve.
Want some free shit? How about 10 fabulous containers of preserved savory treats? A personalized apron or kitchen towels? And a very limited edition of my first cookbook ever? ….I thought so.