Yield 2 servings
- 6 Large Dry Diver Scallops.
- 2 Tbsp of Butter, unsalted.
- Virgin Olive Oil.
- Coarse Sea Salt and Fresh Cracked Black Pepper.
- Drizzle a little oil in a medium sized pan and heat over medium-high heat.
- As that warms up, prepare your scallops. Remove the little flap of flesh on the side of each scallop - called the abductor muscle - and discard. Some scallops are sold with the muscle already removed. If so, lucky you. Pat dry with paper towels and season one side with a generous helping of salt and pepper.
- Once the oil is shimmering and very hot, place the scallops in the pan seasoned side down. Do NOT move them! Leave them alone. If you move them you will not get that great golden sear on the scallop. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Season the side facing you the same way you did the first, throw the butter in the pan and flip. Cook for one more minute.
- Be careful not to over cook them. When you pull them from the pan, you will still see just the slightest translucence on the side of the scallop, right in the center. It till finish cooking as you bring the plate to the table. Serve immediately with a big fat glass of chardonnay. Just a little bit.
Recipe by She Eats at https://sheeats.ca/2013/02/shes-got-skillz-how-to-pan-sear-a-scallop/