Cinnamon Baked Apples
Yield 4 servings
- 4 Same Sized Apples (Granny Smith or any decent baking apple).
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon.
- 1/4 Tsp Nutmeg.
- 1/3 C Sugar.
- 4 Tsp Butter, room temp.
- 1 C Dry Apple Cider.
- Pre-heat your oven to 325 degrees F.
- Combine cinnamon, nutmeg and sugar in a small bowl. Set aside.Core apples 3/4 of the way through, being careful not to puncture the bottom of the apple so juices and flavors remain inside the apple. Fill each cavity with the spice & sugar mixture, topping with a Tsp of butter.
- Place apples in a casserole or baking dish and pour cider around them.
- Cover the pan with aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove from heat, allow to cool slightly and serve with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Recipe by She Eats at https://sheeats.ca/2013/03/march-src-reveal-cinnamon-baked-apples/