Cinco de Mayo Fish Tacos
Yield 4 tacos
- 4 Filets of Red Snapper.
- 1 Lb. Fresh Tomatoes, chopped.
- 1/2 Small Red Onion, peeled & diced.
- 1 Red Chile, finely chopped.
- Small Handful of Fresh Cilantro, chopped.
- 1 Avocado, thinly sliced.
- 1/3 Red Cabbage, shredded.
- 12 Organic Corn Tortillas.
- Few Tbsp of Sriracha.
- 2 Limes for juice.
- 2 Tsp Smoked Paprika.
- Good Quality Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Coarse Sea Salt & Fresh Cracked Black Pepper.
- In one bowl, gently toss the avocado in the juice of one lime and a little sprinkling of salt and pepper.
- In another, mix together the tomatoes, onion, chile, cilantro, a drizzle of olive oil and a good pinch of salt and pepper. Set both aside to absorb the flavors while you cook your fish.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat with a couple splashes of olive oil. As that heats, season the fish well with salt and pepper on both sides and a little sprinkling of smoked paprika. Once hot, place the fish in the pan, skin side down if it has the skin on it, and sear for 3 minutes. Flip. Continue to sear for a further 2-3 minutes or until fish is moist, flaky and cooked.
- As the fish cooks, heat another pan over medium-high heat. Gently toss the tortillas in the pan and heat for 20 to 30 seconds, flip, repeat, and wrap in a clean towel to keep warm until served.
- Serve with wedges of lime, Sriracha, extra cilantro if desired or a bit of sour cream, tomato mixture, marinated avocados and fish.
Recipe by She Eats at https://sheeats.ca/2013/04/cinco-de-mayo-sriachi-fish-tacos/