Give me cheese, and I am one happy lady.
Seriously. You don’t even know… Or maybe you do. Cheese = good.
Pair it with a loaf of soft, fluffy bread and I couldn’t be happier.
Unless of course you also gave me a bottle of complex, generously bulging tannin-laden red wine. I’m talkin’ a punch me in the face, blow my hair back, mind-ef kind of wine. Like this one.
Oh yes. Death, take me now – I’ll never be happier.
That’s how I felt when I discovered my Secret Recipe Club Assignment this month – Authentic Suburban Gourmet. Lisa’s blog is everything I love about food – refined cratch, seasonal, real cooking. Oh yeah, and her photos are absolutely drool worthy.
I honestly haven’t ever been so torn in choosing an SRC recipe…For reals. She has so many great dishes on her blog:
- Farmers Market Salad with honey lime vinaigrette
- Port Infused Fig Blue Cheese Crostini
- Homemade Gnocchi with Chanterelle Mushroom Sauce
- Roasted Golden Beet Salad
- Fava Bean & Parmesan Crostini
- Dutch Baby Pancake with Brandied Peaches
- Chocolate Espresso Cake
- Leek Confit Crostini
- Pan Seared Halibut with Salsa Puttanesca
- Beer Battered Fried Avocado Wedges with Mango Salsa
- Caramelized Apple Skillet Cake
- Lemon Sponge Cake with Triple Sec Strawberries
- Corn Fritters with Spicy Tomato Salsa
- Fava Bean and Roasted Tomato Crostini
- Whiskey Apricot Meatballs
See what I mean? And this is just a pinch of her recipes… Too many to choose!! That being said, I ultimately settled on marinated mozzarella balls. Because as I said before – I love cheese. And bread. And wine. And it was heavenly…. And it had the word “balls” in the title… And I’m apparently 5.
- Fresh Mozzarella Balls or Buratta, drained (Cow or Buffalo works well)
- Good Quality Extra Virgin Olive oil
- Zest of one medium lemon
- Fresh Basil, chiffonade
- Hawaiian Red Salt
- Pink Peppercorns
- Place cheese in a large bowl.
- Drizzle generously with the olive oil, followed by the lemon zest, basil and a good helping of salt. Scrunch pink peppercorns over the lot.
- Grab a fat loaf of fabulous bread.