Cinnamon Apple "Noodles"
Yield 4 servings
- 3 Granny Smith Apples, washed & dried.
- 1/4 C Sugar (or sweetening agent).
- Juice of one lemon.
- 2 Tbsp Cinnamon.
- 3 Tbsp Butter.
- Pinch of Salt.
- Vanilla Ice Cream, to serve.
- Apple Chips, to garnish.
- Squeeze the juice into a large bowl and add a little water, set aside.Core the apples with an apple corer and using a mandolin, slice the apples as thinly as possible. Bathe them in the lemon water bath to prevent browning.
- Once the apples are sliced, place a large stock pot over medium-low heat. Add the butter and once it begins to sizzle, add the apples, cinnamon, sugar, salt and about 1/3 C water. Stir well, cover. Allow the apples to cook down to the desired softness, stirring often. I like them to still hold their integrity with a little bit of crunch and not totally mushy.
- Once cooked, remove from heat and serve in bowls. Top with ice cream and crumble some apple chips on top.
Recipe by She Eats at https://sheeats.ca/2013/10/fall-dessert-cinnamon-apple-noodles/