Cheesy, Spicy Bacon Poppers
Yield 6 servings
- 12 Jalapeneos.
- 1/2 C Quality Cream Cheese, room temp.
- 1/3 C Quality Parmesan Cheese, finely grated.
- 12 Strips of Thick Cut Bacon, cut in half.
- 1/2 C BBQ Sauce.
- Toothpicks to secure.
- Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees F and line a large baking sheet with tin foil. Set aside.
- As that heats, hollow out the jalapeno peppers by cutting them in half lengthwise and remove the seeds with a spoon by firmly scraping the inside from the bottom up. This will half the spicy factor and give you room to stuff them. Using a spoon will also help prevent the spicy seeds and pithy area from getting all over your hands. BE CAREFUL - do not touch your face or eyes until your hands are thoroughly washed or you'll get spicy pepper oil all over you and it will burn. Just ask this chick.
- In a bowl, mix together the two cheeses. Stuff into the peppers so they're heaping full.
- Wrap each stuffed pepper in a strip of bacon and secure with a toothpick.Place on prepared baking sheet and brush the tops with BBQ sauce. Place in the hot oven and bake for 20 minutes or until bacon is just slightly under crispy - you want these to be slightly pliable, not crack your teeth crunchy.
- Place a rack over paper towels and set the poppers on it to drain for a minute or two.
Recipe by She Eats at https://sheeats.ca/2013/10/october-src-reveal-cheesy-spicy-bacon-poppers/