Sparkling Strawberry Lime Whiskey Smash
Yield 2 drinks
- 4 Ounces Bourbon (I like Woodford Reserve but Maker's Mark would work too).
- 1 Lb Organic Strawberries.
- 1 Oz Lori's Salt Caramel Syrup.
- Juice of 4 Limes.
- Small Handful of Fresh Basil.
- Couple Splashes of Soda Water.
- Chuck the strawberries in a blender or food processor. Puree for 30 seconds. If desired, strain to remove seeds (I didn't bother).
- Grab the limes as that works and roll them on the counter with the heel of your hand. This will help the juices release when you're ready.
- Divide and chuck the basil, salt caramel syrup, lime juice and bourbon into 2 tall, wide mouthed glasses - or mason jars - and muddle lightly with a wooden spoon.
- Fill the glasses with ice. Pour in the strawberry puree and leave about an inch of headroom at the top of the glass. Top up with soda water. Stir.
- Garnish with a fresh sprig of basil and a sliced strawberry.
- Drink your pretty little face off.
Recipe by She Eats at https://sheeats.ca/2014/08/strawberry-lime-whiskey-smash/